Auto accidents are common nowadays. It always hurt if one is involved in an accident, gets injured, his vehicle gets destroyed and yet there is someone else to blame. However, an auto accident attorney can assist you deal with such an event’s aftermaths and get your fair compensation.
The roles of an auto accident attorney
1. Scrutinizes the environment surrounding the scene of accident inclusive of police reports, eye witnesses and vehicles themselves. Here the attorney identifies if the driver was overspending, whether one failed to observe the traffic lights, whether one was on his lane or whether one was under influence of a particular substance.
2. Helps assess your total cost of medication, pain, lost wage and lost property.
Using his vast knowledge and past experience, he carefully analyses the amount of compensation his client deserves in order to have a usual life as if he were not involved in an accident.
3. Negotiates with the other driver directly or indirectly for settlement.
Since he understands injury law, he approaches the driver or an insurance company to request for compensation on the client’s behalf.
4. If settlement cannot be reached, he files a lawsuit against the said driver or insurance company.
If the complainant and the defendant or their representatives do not come into a mutual agreement, the auto accident attorney proceeds to a court of law to file a lawsuit against the defendant for compensation of his client.
5. Represent s the complainant in a court of competent jurisdiction.
The client is represented in a court by the auto accident attorney because there are several merits associated with representation by an attorney in a court of law.
Benefits of hiring an auto accident attorney
1. The other side takes you and your claim more seriously
This is the main advantage since the complainant is likely to be fairly compensated. Through use of service of an auto accident attorney, the defendant side will visualise everything more seriously hence beneficial to the complainant.
2. He has wider experience in handling similar cases
He is in a position to know the injury law, negotiate for payment you deserve, comfortably represent his client in the court as well as lawfully make arrangement for settlement.
3. He may be familiars with those others related to your case
The others refers to the insurance company, expert witnesses, policemen, judges, and other attorneys all which this attorney will comfortably handle and approach.
Most firms have their attorneys keeping the clients information private and confidential unless authorised to speak out. This builds a conducive working environment and a healthy relationship between the client and his attorney.
5. Long hours of operation
Auto accident attorneys usually work smarter for their clients to an extent of sacrificing their time. They can easily be reached through modern ways of communication such as through mobiles phones and e-mails. They also have on-line webs where one can access them, ask questions or even make some comments which are attended to on time and a feedback of the same reported.
How much do auto accident attorney charge?
The clients are charged a contingency fee implying no upfront fee is made but in case the complainant succeeds he shares a proportion of the reward with the attorney.