New York City has a high population and much of this population is on the move in and out of the crowded streets. The increased number of accidents is attributed to the carelessness of the drivers, aggressive drinking and rage, driver distraction, unsafe lane changing and speed and alcoholism. According to some reports on the studies that have been carried out, drivers in New York City crash 70.8% more often than an average American.
The motor vehicle crashes results into
- death (either following the accident or on the spot)
- fatal injuries, severe injuries (which include skull fractures, broken limbs, internal injuries, unconsciousness, severe lacerations or even leaving the victim disabled)
- moderate injuries (such as minor cuts, abrasions or lumps on body parts)
- slight injuries (like complaint of pain without any visible signs of injury, nausea or even unconsciousness for a moment)
If one gets into an accident there could be endless paper works since one is required by the New York City Vehicle and Traffic Law to stop and exchange information about insurance, license, and registration with the involved party. If one gets into an accident the medical bills need to be catered for. It could also result to continued pain and trauma and loss of income in cases of permanent disability. The victims need to know that they are eligible to recover the money for the loss, pain and suffering endured. Vehicle accident attorneys that have the legal experience needed will help you go through the tough moments.
Why hire vehicle accident attorneys?
- The legal process. Vehicle accident attorneys will help the victim obtain the required paper works which may include the copy of the accident report, file the required paper works and present your claim in court. They also help one follow up the case with an appeal if needed.
- The evidence. They help one to gather all the evidence needed to present in court. They will work with the witnesses and do thorough investigations, obtain services of experts and do background checks to obtain the relevant evidence.
- Protection of your right. Their main objective will be to ensure that their client has received the deserved benefits. They will ensure that all the parties involved are held accountable. They also help one to know and understand the law and insurance requirement that affect any claims you may make.
- Follow up of your recovery status in case you are hospitalized, facing physical therapy or rehabilitation and make sure that the medical practitioners pay the attention you are entitled to.
- Full client service. They will keep posted with the proceedings of the case
Accident attorneys in New York City know all the loop holes of the vehicle accident system and any the legal complexities in the New York City Vehicle and Traffic Law and basically how best to win a case. The amount of fee paid is highly dependent on the amount of settlement. Any driver or passenger who has been in a vehicle accident which was caused by the fault of the other party should seek the help of a competent and skilled attorney in New York City to handle all the details and represent them in court.