Medical malpractice is one of the most important problems faced by the people in most developed countries. This is caused by several reasons such as irresponsibility of the doctors, lack of knowledge etc. whatever might be the reasons for it, but the consequences would be fatal. There are many different types of medical malpractices in the world. Out of them, dental malpractice is the most important one. Let us see what the reasons, effects, and compensation for that etc. a survey done in America has found that one out of seven cases of medical malpractice is related to dental health.
Some important cases of dental malpractice include:
- If the doctor doesn’t give information about all different types of treatment methods available for dental problems, that will also be considered as a serious crime, because it is the duty of doctors to inform the patients about all treatment options.
- Sometimes doctors don’t know the root cause of the problem. In such cases, they have to consult the specialists for treatment. If they don’t do it, it is a serious malpractice.
- If the doctor commits mistakes in diagnosis, it also comes under malpractice category. Desist malpractice is one of the most important problems in the world.
- Sometimes they cause severe damage to the nervous system. Even though teeth don’t have the direct connection with the nervous system, there are chances that they affect the nervous system. If ever they do so, that also come under the medical malpractice category. New York dental malpractice is the most relevant malpractice in USA.
- In some severe cases, faults in the treatments may result in problems with speech. In such cases, that will result in serious problems. That is why the patients have to be very much careful about it.
- Usage of Anastasia is the most important thing one should remember in any operation. The preferred dosage for any medical operation differs from one to another, but the doctors ought to know it very well. In some cases, if they commit mistakes in giving anesthesia, that may result from serious problems. That also comes under dentist malpractice. In very rare cases, that may even result in death also.
- Mishandling of the equipment may cause some damage to the gum and may result in loss of teeth. That also somas under severe dental malpractice. So in such cases, you have to immediate report it to some dental malpractice attorney.
- In some cases, you might be getting the whole set of your teeth replaced. In such cases, misalignment of the teeth by dentists may result in loss of the beauty of the face or some severe problems related to gum. So such things also come under malpractice.
- Root canal is the most common type of treatment given to the person who is suffering from problems of teeth. If this treatment is not done properly, that also leads to severe problems in future. Teeth implantation, crowns, dental bridges etc will also lead to severe complications if treated in the wrong way. There are cases where some people have suffered severe damage to their jaws or gums due to this malpractice.
- If the restoration of the teeth is a faulty procedure, it may lead to problems.
- If the doctor doesn’t perform a complete examination of the mouth to detect the problems related to teeth and gum.
- In some cases, the person may lose one or more of his teeth permanently due to the negligence of the doctors.
- It is very important to provide proper antibiotics before the dental operation. If the doctor doesn’t do it, the operation will lead to severe problems in future. In such cases also, you have every right to claim compensation for what has happened to you with the help of a dental malpractice attorney.
- Materials which are used for implanting the teeth should be properly sterilized and if they are not sterilized, that will lead to infections. That also comes under malpractice. Such cases are reported from New York dental malpractice every year in large numbers.
- The medication to be provided to the patient after dental treatment is also very important. If the doctor commits mistakes in providing proper medication, you have the rights to claim compensation for such dentist malpractice.
- Before meeting any dental malpractice attorney, you should have all the details of your treatment. You have to tell each and everything to him in detail. Remember you shouldn’t hide anything that has happened from the lawyers and shouldn’t give him wrong information also. Hiding the things will only make the matters worse and lawyers find it difficult to treat your case properly. Ask him for the records that are required for lodging a complaint and provide them all in detail. That will make his job easier.
Problems which are faced by people due to dental malpractice include:
- Loss of sensation of mouth, tongue etc. it may be caused as a result of the loss of nerve function. Numbness of the jaws, lips, and tongue may occur as a result of this.
- Chronic pain in the mouth and cheek due to damage.
- Loss of teeth or loss of a complete set of teeth. In some cases, the bones of the jaws might be damaged and they might be unable to support the teeth.
- Oral infections may occur in some cases due to bacterial infections or fungal infections.
- Loss of taste is another severe problem that may occur in certain cases. Even though this is extremely rare, there are cases when it has happened.
In any case of dental malpractice, you can’t fight it alone, because you mightn’t be aware of all the medical procedures involved in it. There are many attorneys who argue on behalf of you at very low fees. In every city, there will be many lawyers who do it very cheaply. Don’t think that cheap lawyers aren’t good. They are in fact as good as some of the costliest lawyers in the world. So get the help of such a lawyer and you will get the required and deserved compensation.