If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident involving any type of watercraft resulting in injury, you need to retain a New York boating accident attorney. Very serious injuries can occur from these mishaps and a skilled boating accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman PC will thoroughly investigate the event and uncover any or all parties at fault. We have recovered substantial awards for our clients in all types of boating incidents.
What types of accidents does a boating accident lawyer handle?
Any accident occurring on the water or while docked is handled regardless of the type of vessel. Call us for a boating accident lawyer if you or a loved one was injured on any of the following:
- Cruise Ships – the city of litigation for a cruise ship is different than where it is registered most times. It is on the back of the ticket.
- Ferries and water taxies. Failure to provide adequate safety, poorly trained skipper or crewmembers and errors in judgment are all common reason for accidents.
- Barges – These massive floating platforms are towed and hard to maneuver. Pilots can lose control striking other vessels, bridges, and docks causing injuries. Long towlines are not always clearly visible and become dangerous to smaller watercraft.
- Fishing Charters and Party Boats. Injuries due to lack of safety measures, slippery decks, inexperienced or careless crewmembers make injuries on theses vessel common.
- Private boats. Intoxication, excessive speed, inexperienced operators, failure to observe weather reports, inadequate lighting and operating over capacity are all contributing factors in boating accidents.
How to proceed after a boat accident on New York waterways
If you are involved in a boat accident in New York waters, there are several important things to do. Make sure the police or US Coast Guard is called to the scene and get as many names of witnesses as possible. Take cell phone pictures of everything if possible. The evidence in these accidents often disappears quickly into the depths. It is also important to seek medical care immediately. Only a doctor can identify any injuries that may not be obvious to you at the time. Spinal and brain injuries are often seen by New York boating accident lawyers
How we help as your boating accident lawyer
We will meet with you immediately following boat accident in New York at our office, your home or even the hospital. It is important is these cases to proceed with an investigation a quickly as possible. Much evidence can be lost or covered up over time. We need to identify any and all parties and speak to witnesses. Many times witnesses were visiting the area and have already returned home. That is why gathering their personal information at the scene is paramount to your case, so they can be contacted. We will aggressively litigate your case to assure that you receive the compensation you deserve for pain and suffering, loss of occupation or work, disfigurement and more.
Do not hesitate if you were injured in any boating-related accident. Call the Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman PC and speak with a New York boat accident today and get the compensation you deserve.